Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back on the Snow

One of the things I like about living in Eger is that we are relatively close to the Tatra mountains in Slovakia, which means we can be at decent ski areas in the High Tatras in 2 hours drive from our house.
For the first few years we lived in Eger I got a fair number of days in on the snow, but last year, with everything that happened with the pregnancy and Felicia, going snowboarding was not a priority.

Yesterday Balázs, Dani and I went to Jasná in the Low Tatras - for Balázs this was his first time snowboarding, for Dani and I it was our first time back on the snow in almost 2 years.

We had a good day, Balázs learned the basics with an instructor, and Dani and I enjoyed good conditions.

Afterwards we stopped in the biggest little town in Eastern Europe: Liptovský Mikuláš, and ate some good Slovak food: pirohy and halušky.

I (heart) the Tatras!



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment