So, once again, this post will contain some pretty random thoughts.
- Rosemary and I are officially geezers. Or maybe misers. Whatever - we are old and boring.
Our New Year's Eve of 2008 was not spent partying like it was 1999, but rather going to bed around 10pm, because we were tired and bored. We watched a movie, and then around 10 decided to just go to bed.
I remember that my parents used to do this same thing, and I thought they were so old and weird. Now that has become us...
- As the clock struck midnight and 2008 gave way to 2009, a few things changed in Europe:
- As 2008 passed into history, so did the Slovak Koruna, as Slovakia became the first of the former Warsaw Pact countries to integrate to using the Euro currency and join the Eurozone. Congrats to SK! Hungary is still not going to be getting the Euro for many years to come...
- On Jan 1st, Czech Republic became the first of the former Warsaw Pact countries to take over the 6-month rotating EU presidency. One of their stated goals is working towards EU membership for the Balkan nations, specifically for Serbia.
- Vilnius, Lithuania and Linz, Austria became the new European Capitals of Culture.
- This has nothing to do with the New Year, but I was turned on to a very funny blog by a friend of ours: www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com
It has pictures of professional cakes, some with mistakes, others just unbelievably weird, etc...
Browse through it if you have time; some of the stuff on there is really funny - we cracked up.