Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An Unexpected Trip

I'm in Paris right now, en route to Eger. I wasn't planning this trip, but I'm glad to make it.

My dear friends the Hernádi's lost their son on Thursday. The good news of the gospel is indeed good news, because it means that not only is Misike no longer suffering, but he is in glory, and he will be reunited with his mom and dad on that day which all of creation earnestly longs for.

Heaven is not an abstract idea, but a place where we will know and be known, we will hug and be hugged. I believe that Jani and Tünde will get to meet Misi, that they will get to know him, and he will no longer be a baby, but will have a resurrection body just like the rest of us will who have put our faith in Jesus Christ.

For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 15:53-56

This is what I long for: Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." - Revelation 21:1-5

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God. - Job 19:25-26

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" - John 11:25-26

 

No comments:

Post a Comment