Friday, May 06, 2011

An Interesting Day

Today I was at McDonald's with the kids, and when we were getting ready to leave, a parade started going by, with a marching band and all, filling up the whole street. We were in a bit of a hurry, and I could see that it was going to take a while for the parade to pass - and it was going in the same direction as where my car was parked - so the kids and I joined the parade!

People were taking pictures and video of us walking in the parade - and for the first couple of minutes I didn't even know what kind of parade we had joined; I was just hoping it wasn't a "love parade"!

Turns out the parade was for alternative energy vehicles, and once we got closer to where our car was parked, we ducked out and went on our way.

Other things that happened today:
  • The screen on my computer died...which was really bad timing as I have an assignment due for school next week and all my notes are on this laptop. Thankfully I was able to get it fixed right away...but it wasn't cheap...
    I've had quite a few problems with this Toshiba laptop in the short 2 years I've had it.
  • They recently introduced paying for parking by text message in Eger, so I tried it, and then when I came back to my car I had a big red parking ticket waiting for me. Hopefully I can get that worked out.
  • At one point today I told Nate that I am going to take him to Austria and we will see a castle in the mountains. Later on I heard him talking about how excited he is to go to the castle in the mountains where there are ostriches :) Hopefully he won't be disappointed on our trip - or else, hopefully we will happen upon some ostriches!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I want to go see Ostriches; too bad I won't be in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete