One of our favorite things about traveling to different places is going to a local grocery store and seeing what kinds of unique stuff they have there. I've written about some of our favorite stuff here and here.
So, this morning we went out and check out what they have. Here's a short list:
- English Tea - Tetley's and PG Tips
- Real English Cadbury products - not the Polish Cadbury that Hungarian Tesco sells
- McVities brand stuff - like Rosemary's favorite Digestives
- Lots of canned soup - probably not going to go over well in Hungary...
- Crisps/Chips - English brands (Walkers) and English flavors > We bought a bag of Prawn (garnéla rák) flavored chips/crisps! Not bad actually.
- Malt Balls! (like Whoppers in the USA) - Nate tasted one, and wasn't sure what to think...but we like them :)
- English sauces, ginger cake, candies, cereals, Strongbow beer, etc...
The prices are a bit high, since everything is imported, but I hope the business will be successful and stay around for a while.
Here's their business card. If you're in Eger, stop in and support them.
What British products do you think they should carry? What would sell? What would you buy?