Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stuff I Love - Part 2

On social networking sites and blogs, I often see posts which list stuff which people hate or can't stand. So in order to be the ying to that yang, to be the Dr. Jekyll to that Mr. Hyde, the Luke Skywalker to that Darth Vader - I'm writing a few thoughts about stuff I love.
Here are some more:
  • Seeing God's work in peoples' lives
    I think one of the most exciting things in the world is seeing God's changing power in someone's life, changing, healing, restoring them, etc... The guy I went mountain biking with the other day is the brother of Judit - the first girl in the church. This guy is someone we've prayed for for years, someone who Judit and her mom have been reaching out to for years, and just recently he has opened up, is attending church, and wanting to know the Lord. Its really encouraging to see the work that God is doing in his life.
    The other day at our Wednesday night Bible study, we talked about the question of what makes a "living church". The conclusion I came to, is that it is a place where God's work is noticable in people's lives - where there is change, healing and restoration because of God's presence. These are all characteristics of the Kingdom of God, which is essentially the realm where God reigns. If that is true in a church, and in the lives of the individuals of that church, then the characteristics of the Kingdom will be present and noticable. And I really love to see God's work in people's lives! I want it in my life all the more too.
  • The Body of Christ
    The other day I got blessed unexpectedly by someone who anonymously did something which helped me out a lot. I don't want to go into details, because I know this person wanted it to remain anonymous - but it reminded me of how great a thing the Body of Christ is.
    One of my favorite verses about the body of Christ is Mark 10:29-30. The point is that in the body of Christ, we become part of a community which is a lot like a family, and in this community we take care of each other as family. I may not have any siblings, but in the body of Christ I have a ton of people who consider me and treat me like their brother. If I lose my house, there are a hundred houses, where I would be received into, because I am part of the body of Christ, and we have something in common that binds us like family.
  • Weddings
  • I am in the States right now to attend 2 weddings. One of them was this past Saturday, and the other will be this coming Saturday. I seriously love weddings. I think they are by far the best parties around.
    Honestly, I would have to say that, in general, traditional Hungarian weddings are my favorite. Tons of food, lagzi zene, everybody is dancing and sweating, and of course they don't open any windows, because they are afraid of the huzat (draft), which apparently is life-threatening, and at midnight, they bring out MORE food, and then keep partying until everyone finally drops and goes home - at which time they package up some food and send it home with you!
    I love weddings. I try to go to as many as possible:) and I think it is so cool that God chose to use the analogy of a wedding to describe his relationship with His people and to describe heaven. In the Bible the church is called the Bride of Christ, He is the Bridegroom, and Heaven is called the Wedding Feast. Let me tell you - if heaven is like a wedding feast that lasts forever, then that is the place that I want to be!
What about you? What do you love?

2 comments:

  1. Azért, remélem, a mennyben majd nyitnak ablakot... :)

    ReplyDelete