Wednesday, July 01, 2009

200 Forint Coin

On June 15th, the National Bank of Hungary introduced the new 200 Forint coin (worth roughly 1 US Dollar):

This is actually the second time Hungary has produced a 200 forint coin - they also produced one from 1992-1994 which had a design somewhat similar to that of the new one, with the Lánchíd (Chain Bridge) on it:

I got my first 200 forint coin today. The biggest bummer about it is that the coffee machines in Hungary don't take it... So, even though I have to carry these coins in my pocket now - I can't even use them to buy coffee. Felháborító.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:32 PM

    The really sad thing is that you actually admit to drinking coffee from a machine. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink coffee in any way I can possibly get it!

    ReplyDelete