Friday, July 17, 2009

Something I Don't Understand cont.

A while back I wrote this post about how I don't understand why people use the Playboy bunny on their clothes and on products - especially how I see in Hungary that people put Playboy bunny clothes on their pre-teen girls.
Today, I had a case in point.
We've had an English camp this week for school aged kids, and today one of the little girls - 10 years old - came to camp with a Hooters shirt on.
A few thoughts on this:
  • This little girl probably has no idea what this shirt means.
  • Her parents probably know full well what it means, and sent her out to church camp today wearing a Hooters shirt, thinking it was all well and good - perhaps even cute - to see their little girl wearing a shirt like this.
  • Do they hope that one day she will grow up to be a Hooters girl? What a great ambition to have for your little girl: that some day she will grow up and have men ogle at her while she brings them beer and hot wings while wearing skimpy clothes...
  • How wrong is it that Hooters even makes clothing in sizes for little girls?
  • Doesn't this encourage pedophilia somehow?
Needless to say, I was disturbed...

6 comments:

  1. High School Aged Kid12:54 AM

    I think even the parents have no idea what Hooters is. I think that they surely don´t want them to grow up as a Hooters-girl, but probably they are not against it.
    Is there even a Hooters restaurant in Hungary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost sure that there isn't a Hooters restaurant in Hungary.
    I hope that the parents don't know what the shirt means. At least then it would just be an embarrassing mistake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. High School Aged Kid11:38 AM

    Akkor nagyon beégtek volna a szülők...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:57 PM

    How wonderful that this child was able to participate in your English camp and hear the Word of God. I pray that she will come to accept God's love for her and realize that she is valued by God.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick, what I saw at the pool when we were there this week was that a girl aged 16 had a Playboy bunny tattoo on her back. CRAZY! I don't see the point...I'm sure you have crazy people out there too, maybe in a different way. But still, I'm wondering where this girl left her brain when she got the tattoo. It's not a T-shirt, or paint, you can't just wash it with water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:36 AM

    i miss the chicken wings, not from Hooter, just in general.

    ReplyDelete