Today, I had a case in point.
We've had an English camp this week for school aged kids, and today one of the little girls - 10 years old - came to camp with a Hooters shirt on.
A few thoughts on this:
- This little girl probably has no idea what this shirt means.
- Her parents probably know full well what it means, and sent her out to church camp today wearing a Hooters shirt, thinking it was all well and good - perhaps even cute - to see their little girl wearing a shirt like this.
- Do they hope that one day she will grow up to be a Hooters girl? What a great ambition to have for your little girl: that some day she will grow up and have men ogle at her while she brings them beer and hot wings while wearing skimpy clothes...
- How wrong is it that Hooters even makes clothing in sizes for little girls?
- Doesn't this encourage pedophilia somehow?